Adapted from Sada Roti and Baigan Choka
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 tbsps canola or olive oil
- ½ onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- hot pepper (if you like your food spicy)
1. Cut five longitudinal slits in eggplant and place in oven on medium heat for 40-45 minutes until soft and roasted.
2. Cut open eggplant lengthways and spoon out flesh into a bowl (dispose of skin).
3. Mash the eggplant until smooth and then add half the raw garlic and onion.
4. In a small pan, heat oil and fry remaining garlic and onion until golden brown.
5. Pour fried garlic and onion into eggplant.
6. Add salt, pepper and hot pepper if you so desire. Mix well.
Enjoy with some roti or if you are feeling lazy, some flour tortillas can do the trick!
Have a good weekend folks!