Since we are one the cream sauce trend…here is a meal Lin and I prepared when she was visiting. If I recall correctly, we were trying to have a light meal to recuperate from our weekend of meat-eating and decadence at the farm.
- 3 small tilapia fillets
- 2 tbsps flour
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsps milk
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head brocoli
- 1 sprig cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup long grain rice
1. Salt and pepper fillets then lightly dip in flour before grilling.
2. In a large pan on medium heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil. Grill the fillets on both sides until golden brown. Set aside.
3. To prepare the cream sauce, fry the onion and garlic in a small frying pan with some olive oil until translucent. Turn heat on low, add cream, milk and salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. Steam one head of brocoli and cook the rice as you like (I just boiled mine).
5. Serve together on a plate and use cilantro for garnishing.