I made these muffins because I wanted to test out my new Nikon point and shoot camera…And look how lovely they look!
I have been experimenting with flaxseed for some time now and it really is a great way to boost the “health quota” of some of your favorite baking recipes. These muffins are very moist and the blueberries are a delicious addition.
Adapted from Healthy Holistic Living
- 1 cup oat bran flour
- 1/4 cup milled flaxseed
- 1/4 cup bran flour
- 1/4 cup organic brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 over ripe large banana
1. Pre-heat oven to 375°.
2. Mix all dry ingredients.
3. Add egg white, milk and yogurt.
4. Smash banana and add to batter.
5. Add blueberries and gently fold into batter.
6. Pour batter in muffin tin.
7. Place in oven and cook 20 minutes or until light golden brown on top.
8. Remove from oven and let cool, makes about 10-12 small muffins.