This raisin roll is a close cousin of the currants roll that sweet tooth Trinis love. For some reason it is impossible to find dried currants in grocery stores nowadays. Raisins are a cheap substitute and, in my opinion, taste a lot better! You could also substitute the raisins for dried blueberries or cranberries, feel free to make this recipe your own!
This recipe calls for a regular pastry dough so feel free to use whichever recipe you are familiar with. Mine did not have too much butter which is why the dough did not turn out exceptionally flaky (you can tell in the pictures!)
- Pastry dough
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- A dash of milk
- Roll out the dough and spread the butter then sprinkle the cinnamon, raisins and sugar.
- Roll the dough into a crescent shape as illustrated.
- Seal by using a fork and a dash of milk.
- Place on a greased baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown.