The fresh figs from my garden have finally ripened to perfection and this was a delicious summertime dessert!
Same pastry cream and pastry dough used in Strawberry Kiwi Tart with Cognac Pastry Cream
Assembling the tart:
- Pastry dough
- 1-2 lbs figs, cut into halves
- 1 mango, cut into small slices
- Pastry cream
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Roll out the dough to desired thickness and place in buttered and floured tart mould.
3. Prick the dough with a fork so that it does not rise and place in oven for 20 minutes.
4. When the dough is cooked, remove it from the oven and let cool.
5. Coat the bottom of the dough with the pastry cream.
6. Place the fig and mango slices on top of the cream arranging them as you wish.