Simple, delicious, and most importantly — easy.
If you want, feel free to increase the chorizo and/or use soy chorizo, one of my favorite meat substitutes. The leftovers are absolutely fantastic — I ate it several days in a row for breakfast, frying an egg to eat on top or scrambling it in with the potatoes and chorizo.
Chorizo Potato Tacos
- 1 1/2 lbs potatoes, scrubbed and cubed (I leave the skins on)
- 1/2 lb Mexican-style chorizo, casing removed
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 8 tortillas
- Cotija or feta cheese
- Boil potatoes until firm but cooked.
- In a pan, sauté chorizo with onion and peppers until peppers begin to soften. The chorizo should render enough fat that you don’t need to add additional oil to the pan.
- Add in cooked potatoes and allow to sit in hot pan without turning, in order to brown. Flip potatoes and remainder of filling and brown other side.
- Serve filling on warm tortillas, topped with cotija cheese.